Chronicling community action, revolutionary and revealing thought

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Famous Last words: Sarmite Bulte



On her defeat in Parkdale-Highpark
Elections 2006

"What do you expect me to say?

I have no thoughts.

You run on your record and the people
decide for change," she said.

When asked about her thoughts on a
minority government, she said,

"To be frank, I don't care.
I dedicated my life to the people
and to the riding and they decided.
It's great; it's a democracy."

Bulte, a lawyer, said she will
return to her practice.

"According to everybody, I did nothing.
You work so hard and devote your heart
and soul and the people have chosen.
So good luck to the NDP. Good luck to
Peggy Nash and good luck to the country."

from:
The Toronto Star
Jan. 24, 2006. 01:00 AM
LESLIE SCRIVENER

Home